Indiana coronavirus updates: More than 1,000 Hoosiers dead on COVID-19 - Health News
Health

Indiana Coronavirus Updates: Airlines Who Need Masks – Health News

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR / TEGNA / AP) – Thursday’s latest updates on the coronavirus pandemic.

More airlines need passenger face masks

US, Delta and Frontier airlines announced on Thursday that they will begin to have passengers wearing masks. They join JetBlue, which was the first to adopt the policy earlier this week.

Delta and JetBlue passengers will have to start them from May 4. Border passengers should start on May 8 and US passengers will have to start from May 11.

Exceptions are made for many young children and people with conditions that prohibit them from wearing masks.

Alaska, Southwest and United airlines have not made a requirement for passengers, but United will be offering them on May 4.

President on the source of virus

President Donald Trump speculates that China could unleash the coronavirus on the world because of some horrible “mistake”. an accident in a Chinese laboratory.

Scientists suggest spreading the virus from an animal to a human.

The Intel agencies rejected one conspiracy theory, saying that they concluded that the new virus was “not man-made or genetically modified”.

China said speculations like Trump were unfounded and “purely out of nothing.”

Governor provides response update

Governor Eric Holcomb and state leaders have provided an update on the COVID-19 response.

ISDH update

The Indiana State Department of Health reports the state’s first COVID-19 death in a person under the age of 19.

The state also wants to add another 30 Optum test sites to those already planned to increase testing around Indiana. The initial sites will be open within the next 14 days, allowing 6,600 Hoosiers to be tested each day.

Department of job development

The state processed 1,391,774 unemployment insurance payments to Hoosiers for a total of $ 732 million.

Unemployment claims:

  • 57,397 – week ended April 25
  • 75,483 – week ended April 18
  • 118.184 – week ends April 11
  • 133,639 – week ends April 4th
  • 139,174 – week ended March 28

The DWD said that if an employer reopens and a person refuses to go back to work due to concerns about COVID-19, the person may be denied unemployment benefits.

Home order enforcement

The state said it received 1,264 complaints about the home-and-home order violation.

1,130 were without merit. There were 115 oral warnings and no citations were issued.

Vice President Pence toured GM Kokomo

Vice President Pence visits the Kokomo GM plant which has been converted to ventilatory manufacturing.

The factory hopes to make 30,000 fans by the end of August.

ISDH updated numbers

ISDH reports that more than 1,000 Hoosiers have died of COVID-19. There were 669 new confirmed cases in the state, a total of 17 835 confirmed cases. The additional 44 deaths reported on Thursday, April 30, happened between April 7 and April 29.

About 19 percent of tested Hoosiers tested positive for the virus. A total of 94,998 people in the state received the test.

City will decide with Simon to open malls

Indianapolis city leaders are holding a discussion Thursday with Simon Property Group about Simon’s announcement to open malls this weekend. Dr. Virginia Caine of the Marion County Department of Public Health believes the decision could lead to a wider spread of the new coronavirus, citing a case in Georgia after the state opened business last weekend.

Dr Caine w Marion County Health Dept. is very concerned about Simon Property Groups’ plans to reopen malls this weekend – saying it will dramatically increase numbers and put residents at greater risk #wthr pic.twitter.com/vx4XAMmTkd

– Mary Milz (@MaryWTHR) April 30, 2020

The Indy mayor says Simon Property Group, with its Indianapolis headquarters, has not contacted the city about reopening its malls here. He heard this via a question asked during the briefing of governors. #wthr

– Mary Milz (@MaryWTHR) April 30, 2020

Although Dr. Caine does not recommend shopping malls be reopened, she said, starting May 2, golf courses will be allowed to reopen, provided operators ensure a proper social distance between golfers and follow the health department’s strict sanitary practices.

Farmers’ markets, which serve as a community-centric source of fresh produce and meat, will also be open from 2 May.

3.8 million workers were laid off last week

More than 3.8 million laid-off workers applied for unemployment benefits last week as the US economy slipped further into a crisis that has become the most devastating since the 1930s.

About 30.3 million people, meanwhile, have applied for unemployment assistance in the six weeks since the outbreak of the coronavirus began to force millions of employers to close their doors and cut off their workforce.

That’s more people than living in metropolitan areas in New York and Chicago, and by far the worst number of layoffs on record. This is more than one in six American workers.

Weekly claims for unemployment insurance

Initial claims were 3,839,000 for the week ended 4/25 (-603,000).

Insured unemployment was 17,992,000 for the week ended 4/18 (+ 2,174,000). Https: //t.co/ys7Eg5LKAW

– U.S. Department of Labor (@USDOL) April 30, 2020

The latest American, world numbers

According to Johns Hopkins University, there were more than 1,040,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States in the United States. The US death toll is 61,000, while more than 124,000 have recovered. Nearly 6.03 million tests for COVID-19 were conducted in the USA.

There were more than 3.2 million cases worldwide with 227,000 deaths and 982,000 recoveries.

For most people, the coronavirus causes mild to moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up within two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with pre-existing health problems, it can cause serious illnesses, including pneumonia.

Hogsett extended Indy order until May 15

The Mayor, Joe Hogsett, and Dr. Virginia Caine of the Marion County Department of Public Health will announce today its intention to maintain local home restrictions in Marion County to take effect until May 15.

A 10 a.m. news conference is scheduled to address the decision.

Current state and local orders will expire on May 1, with Gov. Eric Holcomb and state officials to guide future restrictions across the nation in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Indianapolis order would “to the greatest extent permissible” with any new governments around the world.

Walmart in Massachusetts forced to close after 23 employees contracted the virus

A Massachusetts-based Walmart has had to shut down after nearly two dozen employees tested positive for coronavirus.

The store was closed by an emergency order from the city of Worcester, Massachusetts.

According to the city manager, 23 store employees have tested positive for COVID-19 over the past three-and-a-half weeks.

The shop will have to remain closed until it can be professionally cleaned. Authorities say that all 400 employees need to be tested or re-tested in some cases.

It is not clear when the store will reopen, nor is it clear whether employees will be paid while the store is closed.

US virus deaths pass Trump’s 60,000 mark

The U.S. death toll has risen above 60,000 on Wednesday, a figure that President Donald Trump has suggested in recent weeks may be the total death toll. He cited the estimate as a sign of relative success after the White House previously warned that the U.S. could suffer 100,000 to 240,000 deaths.

Trump has also repeatedly used the outer band of any estimate – the potential that 2.2 million Americans could have been killed if there had been no intervention – to try and make his case powerful.

The US death toll from COVID-19 is likely to grow from here.

Like the unemployment rate, the numbers will also be revised – and probably upward as a result of under-reporting. The focus on mortality also highlights other important markers, such as immunity levels and infection rates.

NYPD called to stunned mortuary bodies on ice in leased trucks

Police were called to a Brooklyn suburb on Wednesday after a coronavirus funeral home was overwhelmed to store dozens of bodies in leased trucks on ice, and a passerby complained about the smell, officials said.

According to a law enforcement officer, investigators who responded to a 911 call found the home had rented four trucks to hold about 50 bodies. No criminal charges were brought and the official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the investigation, spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

The Andrew T. Cleckley Funeral Home was cited for not controlling the odors. The house was able to acquire a larger, cooler truck later that day, the official said.

The New York funeral home has struggled as at least 18,000 people have died in the city since the end of March.

The NYPD has notified the Department of Health, which oversees funeral homes, about the situation at the Andrew T. Cleckley Funeral Home. It did not respond to an email commenting.

. (TagsToTranslate) corona

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *